How to move an anemone that’s in a precarious location?

zwisham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Im new to the anemone scene and mine has attached itself to the backside of an AI Nero 5 which I’ve had turned off until my anemone guard gets in. But, how can I gently release it so I can get my guard on?

Thank you!

91AFE9ED-6093-4D3A-86CE-9559E0A54220.jpeg

mcshams

Slave to my wife's reef desires
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since he's on glass, you should be able to gentle take off the wave maker, and gently coax it off the glass by lifting the bottom (foot). Some people use dull rubber spatula, credit card, or fingers. Since the nem isn't buried in a rock, you should easily be able to do this. Mind you, it will move again until it's happy, not saying it won't make its way back there.

Birdbrains?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, just be gentle with it, and agitate the foot until it releases. They like places where the water circulate around them, like corners, so you can try pointing a powerhead directly at it to blow it out of the corner. Since it is looking for a place with optimal flow, changing the flow might be sufficient to make it wander by itself.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is a good location to get food. Maybe hes hungry. Tickle his feet. Find a nice deep crack so ge can retract if hes scared. Feed him and he should stay put.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 46 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 160 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back