How to pair Yellow Watchman goby with Pistol shrimp?

lel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a yellow watchman and I want to know how to pair it with my unpaired pistol shrimp. Do I just throw it onto the side of my tank where the shrimp lives, or do I have to catch the shrimp and put in a smaller holding tank to pair them. Let me know.

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a yellow watchman and I want to know how to pair it with my unpaired pistol shrimp. Do I just throw it onto the side of my tank where the shrimp lives, or do I have to catch the shrimp and put in a smaller holding tank to pair them. Let me know.
Nah, they'll figure it out on their own. Introduce to the tank and they'll do their thing.

Fritz05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will pair up (if it is the right pistol shrimp, e.g. a tiger pistol shrimp), but it may take some time. Mine had initially settled into burrows on opposite ends of the tank, but after less than two weeks they "moved in" together. As with so many other things in this hobby, patience is key.

OP
OP
lel

lel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it swam to the opposite side of the tank from where the pistol shrimp was, there's also a pretty mean boxer shrimp near the shrimps cave so hopefully it doesn't attack the goby.

OP
OP
lel

lel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I didn't see them all day yesterday but I saw the goby in the cave of the tiger pistol shrimp today so i'm going to say they paired. Thanks for the advice.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back