Watchman goby acting weird

lel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a yellow watchman goby about 3 months ago for a pistol shrimp I had and they paired up. Recently the goby left the pistol shrimp hole and joined my scissortail fish instead, I didn't think much about it. Now today the goby is swimming around everywhere. I do have a coral-banded shrimp thats pretty aggressive so it might have chased it out of the hole. Please tell me if you have had similar experience with watchman gobies. Here are all the pictures, the second to last one is the scissortail hole, the last one is where the goby used to live.

IMG_8725.jpg IMG_8726.jpg IMG_8722.jpg IMG_8724.jpg IMG_8723.jpg

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 watchman gobies and a pistol shrimp. None of them pair. Watchman gobies tend to be weird fish. My big one i dont see for a couple days then hes out for a couple days thenn gone. Hard to make sure hes getting food. The litte one i see once a month. Must just be eating critters in tank or something. If hes eating i wouldnt worry about it

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a yellow watchman goby about 3 months ago for a pistol shrimp I had and they paired up. Recently the goby left the pistol shrimp hole and joined my scissortail fish instead, I didn't think much about it. Now today the goby is swimming around everywhere. I do have a coral-banded shrimp thats pretty aggressive so it might have chased it out of the hole. Please tell me if you have had similar experience with watchman gobies. Here are all the pictures, the second to last one is the scissortail hole, the last one is where the goby used to live.

IMG_8725.jpg IMG_8726.jpg IMG_8722.jpg IMG_8724.jpg IMG_8723.jpg
Yellow watchman’s are weird in general. Mine shares a burrow wit diamond goby, but I RARELY see the watchman, I have written him off a few times, only for him to appear out of nowhere again.

OP
OP
lel

lel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information, he went back to the scissortail hole

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back