how to place l ledges inside a reef tank adding add'l space?

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was watching this video on youtube called " tank tours 2: red sea reefer xl200"
this is like the system i ordered, the reefer max 200. in the video you see there are ledges inside his tank that he now has more surface area for coral but im sure the tanks don't come with ledges inside. See on the right inside the tank, the ledge. Gotta love the red starfish. Anyone know how to put a ledhe inside a tank like he did it. I asked him on his YouTube video, but he never responded. Anyone know how to put a latch inside a tank like he did it. I asked him on his YouTube video, but he never responded.

IMG_4948.jpeg

specsgirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look like they are magnetic frag racks. Many different places carry them in various sizes so I'm sure you can find some that are the perfect fit for your tank.

OP
OP
B

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seems like these provide a quasi larger tank. one would think they are very popular.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m friends with a guy that makes them, i I have bought several. If you are looking for a recommendation then Dylan is legit and he will customize anything in any color you want. His prices are on the low side also and he’s a member on this forum

OP
OP
B

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my case, I have not even received my new aquarium yet. I Ordered a 200 Max G2 and I'm trying to figure out how to get it all set up. gonna pay LFS people to set everything up. I don't have to racks immediately right? Doesn't sound like something that must to be set up right when you set up your aquarium. Beautiful images above vintage reefer I hope I can get mine looking in a near semblance to what you have in some future point

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my case, I have not even received my new aquarium yet. I Ordered a 200 Max G2 and I'm trying to figure out how to get it all set up. gonna pay LFS people to set everything up. I don't have to racks immediately right? Doesn't sound like something that must to be set up right when you set up your aquarium. Beautiful images above vintage reefer I hope I can get mine looking in a near semblance to what you have in some future point
You won't need them unless you want them. If you want to use them, then you won't need them until your tank has cycled and matured a little and you are ready for corals. So you have plenty if time to find ones you like. I also use egg crate in my tank to make racks when I need even more space to grow things out.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

You can add racks anytime. I didn’t get them until the tank was about 2 years old and I was running out of space. I wish I planned from the beginning because now I have random shelves/things but it’s magnetic and easily moved/changed I just haven’t got around to it.

The plug shelf, first pic in post 3, is my invention and design. I gave my idea to Dylan and he loved it and brought it to life for me. It’s a frag propagation system. A shelf that holds a 2x2 grow out tile that you can attach anywhere, and the grownout tile has 5 holes. You put blank plugs in the outer 4 and the center hole gets the parent frag plug. The parent plug rests on all the outside ones. As the zoa or whatever coral naturally grows it will “frag itself” and grow onto the plugs. Then just remove and replace the outer plugs if/when needed. The entire tile is removable also, and the magnets are strong enough to hold standard ceramic 2” grow out tiles so you don’t have to keep them in the sand bed

F5C78A76-5DE1-438F-94CF-5E0A0AC5BBB0.jpeg 68B8FB5A-09FA-48F9-B34E-E3AD0C497A2B.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back