How to plumb uv to my system

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbq5anlxj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dbq5anlxj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
280
Reaction score
108
Location
Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey
I want to plumb a uv to my tank but don't quite know what to do. It's a lifeguard 55w uv. I will remove the ato container and put the uv there horizontally. Any suggestions on how to make it work?
IMG_20211228_115209.jpg

下载 (1).jpeg


Or pull from second chamber the dump in the return chamber?



IMG_20211228_115312.jpg


Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance
 
If you pull from last/return section the water will be clearest, and since uv works with uv penetration clearer water is more effective uv sterilization.
If you want to increase flow through fuge section have it dump back into first section
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new