How to remove GSP from my rock work

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have some GSP that is starting to become invasive. I was wondering what others have done to either completely remove it or keep it contained. I read a few threads about using tweezers or forceps. I was wondering if anyone else has come up with a good way to get it removed.

Any advice is appreciated...

jbc6262

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this,
Once covering a rock GSP is nearly impossible to remove and even if you think you got all of it, some will grow back.

mryan04290

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have some GSP that is starting to become invasive. I was wondering what others have done to either completely remove it or keep it contained. I read a few threads about using tweezers or forceps. I was wondering if anyone else has come up with a good way to get it removed.

Any advice is appreciated...
Spent 45 minutes recently with a dental pick tweezers and a toothbrush scraping picking and peeling until I saw no more green anywhere and so far nothing has popped back up

OP
OP
J

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Dental pick or similar tool seems to be the advice. I cannot remove the rock either as it is on one of my aquascapes that I made that takes up 1/3 the tank and rock work..I want to make sure when I remove it that it doesnt land elsewhere and start another patch of grass

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think I’ve read someplace that kalkwasser slurry will kill it.
I've done this multiple times.
But anytime you use kalk paste, be sure to turn off all flow in the tank ( return pump and powerheads).
Let it sit in the area you want nuked and after 10-15 minutes syphon out the kalk paste.
Any free floating kalk paste can land on other corals and kill them too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back