How to remove mushroom coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter hanabata
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hanabata

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2023
Messages
33
Reaction score
25
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have a toadstool that I bought a while back that had a tiny mushroom coral hitchhiker on it. It looked pretty cool until a month or so ago when it started taking over and now the toadstool is limp. I would like to remove the mushroom without hurting it or the toadstool. Then I’d like to place the mushroom on a lone rock.

Any tips on how to remove it safely? And tips on attaching mushroom to rock? I don’t have much knowledge with mushrooms as I didn’t intend to have one in the first place.
IMG_6003.jpeg

Thanks in advance!
 
It would likely be easier to remove the toadstool and put it on another rock, they are more resistant to transplanting operations, ime.
 
This is how you attach a mushroom to a rock. Get some plastic glasses, cut a small hole on the sides for flow, and a bit of rubble at the bottom. It will attach in a week or so.

1724527241446.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new