How to safely raise Phosphate and Nitrate?

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there were fish in the tank, I'd say to feed more. However, without fish, I'd dose N&P stock solutions I made from sodium nitrate and sodium phosphate from Amazon. I'm no expert when it comes to fishless reefs, but without fish to produce organic ammonia, amino acids might be valuable also.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green leaf aquariums kno3, feed more, put skimmer on a timer, put refugium lamp on a timer, Stump remover, 3 drops of water from a petco display.
Petco wouldn’t let me walk out the door with anything less than 10 drops but froze the rest for next time. Take that petco!

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to ask a dumb question but would there be a significant difference between food grade and regeant grade?

Regeant grade

Regeant Grade -

Food Grade -

Just thinking cost wise it looks like regeant grade is cheaper. Also is there a dosing schedule available? I should add this is for my newer 65 gallon to help fight the dinos and Cyano I knowingly inherited

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to make an equivalent solution to the Neo-Nitro since that's what I'm currently accustom to.
Their formula is gallons * ppm increase desired * .1261
(example is 75 Gallons * .5 * .1261 = 4.7 ml)

I will be using Sodium Nitrate Reagent Grade.

Based on this calculator http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/calculator.htm I believe I can make a batch of 500 ml by adding in 24.5 grams of the sodium Nitrate. Is that correct or did I totally make a mistake?

Also will I need to watch out for anything in regards to this dosing? Will it increase my alk or ph ?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back