How to safely remove zoa from coral?

LuckyFrag2500

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Messages
48
Reaction score
46
Location
Pomona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
695fc48f-ed7d-4eaf-a1d9-89c62fbaccf7.jpg
289c3c89-caf1-4fb4-a84c-aff4ab0ef426.jpg

Hey all. I noticed today that a zoa is taking over my australomussa coral. Is there anyway to safely remove them without hurting myself or the coral?
 
Kalk paste, Aptasia X, F-Aptasia if there’s just a few.

I’d cover just the polyp.

I kill individual palythoa with a dot of F-Aptasia, it goes hard and encases, break it off a week later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new