How to save stressed clownfish

KaylaGaudet

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I just finally put my first 2 clown fish in my aquarium however the aquarium store didn’t inform me I’m not suppose to have my lights on during acclimation. Now they are swimming low or up the walls how do I calm them down?

Tank is a 70g
 
The light is not bothering them, don't worry. You can leave your lights on or turn them, it doesn't matter. I always turn my lights on, its boring to look at a dark tank.

They probably just exploring their new home, but for sure there actions has nothing to do with the lights.

You did cycle the tank first before getting the fish, right?
 
The light is not bothering them, don't worry. You can leave your lights on or turn them, it doesn't matter. I always turn my lights on, its boring to look at a dark tank.

They probably just exploring their new home, but for sure there actions has nothing to do with the lights.

You did cycle the tank first before getting the fish, right?
I must have waited a little longer during acclimation process then, yes I did cycle the tank about almost 2 weeks ago I brought a water sample to an aquarium store for testing they said everything was fine my nitrites were at 0.5 and to wait one more week. I dosed the tank with ammonia to start then waited for the process to start through live sand and live rock
 
All sounds normal to me.
They will seek out the limits of their space first, then decide on a spot to stay close to.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new