How to Separate Frags Grow Together?

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been look at some Favites war corals in a few different colors. They all almost look like they’re fragged from the same colony despite the color differences. Some are let’s say 90% blue, 10% red. Or 10% blue, 90% red. Or anything in between. Would separate frags like these grow and combine with each other as they get closer to each other? Or would they stay separate from each other even as the grow?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been look at some Favites war corals in a few different colors. They all almost look like they’re fragged from the same colony despite the color differences. Some are let’s say 90% blue, 10% red. Or 10% blue, 90% red. Or anything in between. Would separate frags like these grow and combine with each other as they get closer to each other? Or would they stay separate from each other even as the grow?
My understanding of war corals is they grow together regardless of color or mother colony (the coral guy at my LFS told me this, been in the hobby for a fat minute and specializes in corals) I had one that was half red half green, looked like two colored frags grew together! Could be wrong though and have gotten bad info from my LFS!!

OP
OP
His Coral Highness

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding of war corals is they grow together regardless of color or mother colony (the coral guy at my LFS told me this, been in the hobby for a fat minute and specializes in corals) I had one that was half red half green, looked like two colored frags grew together! Could be wrong though and have gotten bad info from my LFS!!
That’s what I’d actually hope! Yeah I think that’s really cool and I’d hope that would happen

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back