How to setup t5?

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a t5 on the way and just wanted to know what to be weary of and just the basics of it. Aswell some other things like run time(is it okay to run for 12hrs) coral acclimation, etc... thank you

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a t5 on the way and just wanted to know what to be weary of and just the basics of it. Aswell some other things like run time(is it okay to run for 12hrs) coral acclimation, etc... thank you

tell us what you’re currently running, how long, what T5 fixture you’re getting and what bulbs you plan on using and how many.

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tell us what you’re currently running, how long, what T5 fixture you’re getting and what bulbs you plan on using and how many.

essentially there are no corals from a system crash and ive got an ATI Sunpower (6 bulb) and will be running coral plus x3 and blue plus x3 but i was running Radions before

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
essentially there are no corals from a system crash and ive got an ATI Sunpower (6 bulb) and will be running coral plus x3 and blue plus x3 but i was running Radions before

In my experience you should be fine running those new lights without problems. I would run for a little less time to start and gradually work up to 12 hours. I just added two of each of those to my leds and did no acclimation period with zero issues/unhappy corals

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which and how many Radions?
Tank dimensions?

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience you should be fine running those new lights without problems. I would run for a little less time to start and gradually work up to 12 hours. I just added two of each of those to my leds and did no acclimation period with zero issues/unhappy corals

what would be the the schedule with that interms of starting off x amount of hours and then like the build up process over weeks and such? If that makes sense?

Which and how many Radions?
Tank dimensions?

Xr15s 3
reefer 525xl: 59Lx22Hx22.6W

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what would be the the schedule with that interms of starting off x amount of hours and then like the build up process over weeks and such? If that makes sense?

I would say 6-8 hours for starters. I would run that for a week or two and then increase by another hour and repeat until you get to desired length you want the light on

Xr15s 3

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Xr15s 3

I would say 6-8 hours for starters. I would run that for a week or two and then increase by another hour and repeat until you get to desired length you want the light on

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the above plan if you had a coral packed tank. One week at 6 hours, and increase by an hour a week after that. May can even go faster than that. T5’s tend to be gentle on corals so not as much acclimation is necessary. Just as long as you’re not resting them on the tank rim and hitting your lps corals with 800 par right out of the gate.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I setup my 120 with a 6 bulb ati I ran 2 bulbs for a week, then 4, then 6, all for 8 hours.
This helped keep the ugly algae at bay.
Equal amounts of c+&b+.
I currently run them 9 hours all on and off 4" off the surface.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back