How to ship through FedEx

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I am about to ship my first box of corals for one of my friends. Unfortunately, I just went to the FedEx Office store and they said that they cannot accept animal life (including fish and marine life) there. He recommended I call the animal shipping help desk, which I did but they seemed to be gone for the day and I left a message. He also said that I might have to get it picked up or go to a FedEx Shipping Center.

How do I ship corals through FedEx?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Curious to know what the animal shipping desk says.

Following for other response.

OP
OP
Capitol Reef Corals

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the FedEx live animal shipping desk finally returned my call. All she said was that you should properly package the fish/coral, and that you have to go to the FedEx Ship Center in order to ship any live animals. When you go to the FedEx Ship Center you do not need to fill out any forms and can simply drop off the package. You cannot ship live animals through FedEx Office, or FedEx Office and Ship. Luckily for me, there is a FedEx Ship Center not too far and I dropped off the package last night and had no problems. This way you don't have to lie or fill out any other paper work.

DJ H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you go with the number 2 company. Use UPS been dealing with them for years never had any problems.

eb_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx seems to be very popular in the hobby. Is there really a big difference between the two?

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the FedEx live animal shipping desk finally returned my call. All she said was that you should properly package the fish/coral, and that you have to go to the FedEx Ship Center in order to ship any live animals. When you go to the FedEx Ship Center you do not need to fill out any forms and can simply drop off the package. You cannot ship live animals through FedEx Office, or FedEx Office and Ship. Luckily for me, there is a FedEx Ship Center not too far and I dropped off the package last night and had no problems. This way you don't have to lie or fill out any other paper work.

What is the difference between FedEx ship center and FedEx office?

OP
OP
Capitol Reef Corals

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between FedEx ship center and FedEx office?
To my understanding, FedEx Ship Center is where all of the trucks in an area are centered around. The only thing they do there is ship. FedEx Office can ship most packages (not live animals) and can also like print, fax, package, etc. FedEx Office are smaller, but FedEx Ship Centers are usually bigger (in terms of total building size not lobby size).

eLReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi, how did your shipping go? Did you use your own box or a FedEx box? What size was the box and weight? and how much did it cost to ship?

OP
OP
Capitol Reef Corals

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, how did your shipping go? Did you use your own box or a FedEx box? What size was the box and weight? and how much did it cost to ship?
So I went to the FedEx shipping center and had no problems. I used my own box that was about 12x12x10 lined with Styrofoam weighed about 6 pounds I think. I only shipped it about 4 hours away from me and it cost about $50 I think.

OP
OP
Capitol Reef Corals

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to the FedEx shipping center and had no problems. I used my own box that was about 12x12x10 lined with Styrofoam weighed about 6 pounds I think. I only shipped it about 4 hours away from me and it cost about $50 I think.
I also shipped about 18 frags to my bud in urine cups, which is why it was kind of heavy

eLReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Great Thanks for the info. Hmm how come I am getting a FedEx quote price of $103 for overnight shipping by 10:30am. Am I doing something wrong? How can I ship overnight for $50 by 10;30am?

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Thanks for the info. Hmm how come I am getting a FedEx quote price of $103 for overnight shipping by 10:30am. Am I doing something wrong? How can I ship overnight for $50 by 10;30am?

looks like you can’t unless you opened a commercial account. even the , you may not get $50.

OP
OP
Capitol Reef Corals

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far are you shipping? Definitely depends on the distance. I was only shipping about a 4 hours drive away. Also you can try shipnex.com. There's usually cheaper shipping options on there I heard.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used USPS overnight a few dozen times. Had an issue once in 30+ deliveries, which I consider pretty good. Labels around ~$35-45.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back