How to stop dosing NO3 and PO4

ovicez2004

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2022
Messages
47
Reaction score
9
Location
romania
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing NO3 and Po4 for about a month and now I've reached the levels I want. My question is: shoud I stop dosing completely or shoud I dose half of dosing quantity?
20 gallons, I've dosed 1 ml of NeoNitro and 0.6 ml of NeoPhos.
Last testing shows 5 ppm No3 and 0.03 PO4
 
I would slowly back away from using them while making sure your levels stay where you want them. You don’t want to stop all at once and risk bottoming out your nutrients. Half doses should work. You may find that you need to keep dosing them long term to maintain the desired levels, though. Some people have luck just feeding more.
 
Last edited:
I'd stick with the same dose. If it took a month to get where you are, you are barely keeping up and you have plenty of room for them to increase if that happens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new