How to tune kessil h80 with A series controller

verretps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a kessil H80 light, and also bought chaeto for my refugium. I have a kessil A series controller for my A160 lights to the display tank, and i plan on connecting the H80 to the A series controller. I see that there’s settings on my H80 for bloom or grow, and another setting for intensity. I’m wondering how I should set my A series controller for my H80 light in the refugium for the chaeto so that the setting would be best for the chaeto growth. This is the first time I have put macroalgae in my sump, so I am new to this

OP
OP
V

verretps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I watched a bulk reed supply video that said that the best time to put the refugium light on is when the display tank lights are off. I’m just wondering why that is?

dmreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also interested in the best answer for this question, as I’m two weeks in with this setup. As for me, I have it set to “grow” and I started adding ChaetoGro to it 2 days ago because it’s starting to turn white.

Hope this helps

Schweezy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any answers here? I’ve connected my H80 to the Spectral X controller but I am unable to set anything but intensity. I can’t tune the color between grow and bloom, which seems pointless.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%
Back