How toxic is ammonia, really?

All of us in the Prime thread are well aware of the testing limitations. I wrote about this many years ago. Seachem gives directions on how to test. Following that exact protocol with their tests show no effect.
Alright. Maybe I’m just being stubborn. I’ve purchased the reagents for the salicylate-based ammonia test, as well as an ammonium ion-selective electrode, and some ACS grade ammonium chloride. I’m going to do my own experiment. I will write up a formal protocol and share it on the Prime thread for review prior to starting. Maybe I will just confirm the results of others. Maybe not! Either way, its another replicate. Has anyone written to Seachem to see how they would defend themselves? If the product truly does nothing as you suggest, I cannot see how a company like seachem would just ignore this and continue to blatantly mislead its customers.
 
Alright. Maybe I’m just being stubborn. I’ve purchased the reagents for the salicylate-based ammonia test, as well as an ammonium ion-selective electrode, and some ACS grade ammonium chloride. I’m going to do my own experiment. I will write up a formal protocol and share it on the Prime thread for review prior to starting. Maybe I will just confirm the results of others. Maybe not! Either way, its another replicate. Has anyone written to Seachem to see how they would defend themselves? If the product truly does nothing as you suggest, I cannot see how a company like seachem would just ignore this and continue to blatantly mislead its customers.

Sounds great!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new