how would i kill....

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
apistatia (sp??) thats on a clam? the clam i got from the fosters meet has one on the end of the shell and the clam doesent wanna come out all the way on that side. i could do kaulk but i bet that would kill the clam too...

any one have a needle i could use to inject it with kaulk out of the tank :sad:

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would razor it off, rub the area with kalk paste, then rinse in fresh rodi, and put it back in the tank.

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently been using Aptasia X from Fosters and Smith for the numerous tulip anemones in my new tank. It works fantastically well so far. No the anemones may regenerate in a month but so far the ones I nuked 2 weeks ago appear completely gone. Much more effective than Joes Juice.

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of diabetic needles (you can have some) but there so thin that a kalk paste doesn't work in them, it has to be real runny, or a liquid.

Old School Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint Shrimp will wipe out all the Aptasia in your tank. Worked for me for years until I added a Mystery Wrasse a couple years back. He wiped out ALL my shrimp! :cry:

Aptasia became a huge problem again so I recently added a Copperband Butterfly who is eating (not an easy task). No more Aptasia. He has done his job well.

Now if I could get someone to eat Manjanos! :squigglemouth:

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with razor blade to cut it off and scrape the surface, then cover that area with kalk paste. Do all of this in a bucket of old water as part of a water change, so small parts of aiptasia don't get in your tank water.
Gary

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could also try injecting it with boiling water. Whenever I scrape one off a bit always seems to survive and come back. Although I think if you scraped and kalked it outside the tank and rinsed it with tank water over a bucket that nem wouldn't have a chance and the clam would be none the wiser...

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you razor it off outside the tank, I would think you could use one of those po scrubbers (the plastic one vs. the metal) to really scrub the remnants off. Likely safer than injecting anything that close to the clam.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back