How would you frag this?

Acroconut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 13 gal nano tank that's been running well for close to 3 years now. It has a pretty heavy acro load and they are all growing well. Tank also has a few LPs a couple of which came in on the live rock I bought when I set up the tank. The situation I find myself in is that I left a tube coral that came in on the rock enough time to grow and start to encroach on my acros. The 2 acros involved are a Jason fox Robin Egg and a Jason Fox Jolt (both doing amazingly well growth wise). The tube coral is now making contact with the surrounding acros. What would be the best way to frag out some of this coral to get it away from my acros. I was thinking to use my dremel and drill enough holes in various spots that would enable me to pry away sections of this tube coral without damaging my acros, or is there a better thought on how to do this. I will try to post an accurate pic of the situation tomorrow, but any other suggestions would be appreciated

OP
OP
Acroconut

Acroconut

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No this is a florida LPS brown tube coral (not pipe organ). It looks like sun coral, but its brown. The coral on the lower right side of this pic is the one I need to frag.

20231216_121343.jpg

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back