How would you make Ocean revive lights better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter b4tn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Did you end up updating your layout? I have three of these about to go over my new setup, and am invested in seeing how this turned out.
 
What do you all think? Its basically a slightly smaller SBreef light clone. lol LED's are so inexpensive I may just buy all new LED's since these lights are going on 4 years old.

Proposed new layout
46951286001_b0e0c2aab8_o.jpg


Original layout

e7fc194174c6d39c1cde4a987c0a59b9.jpg
What layout did you end up using?
 
In the picture of the lights on the closer side had been replaced and the further side was the original layout still.
 
SB Lights have 55 bulbs. They are advertised as 3 watts each as in 55x3 to get 165 watts.
I have had 6 of the SB Lights and none of them drew more than 110 watts at 100% output.
I suspect they are really only 2 watt bulbs. The math adds up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new