Howdy folks

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would drop by and say hello.

I am moving back to Arizona/Phoenix tomorrow and have decided to get back into reefing and will be setting up a tank in my new home. After I get settled in I will be paying my dues, signing up for membership and stopping by for the meetings from time to time.
I purchased a Fluval Evo 13.5, RODI and a handful of accessories to get up and running. I am planning on going real slow this time around and working my way from the bottom of the food chain up. I am more interested in corals than fish at lest till sometime down the road... though I am considering FW>SW transitioning a single fancy guppy and shower him with love and affection.
It is going to take some time to get running so it will be a while before I start engaging in the community Much but id figured it was worth waving the flag.

Anyhow, hope y’all are well and I wish for your reef and fishy prosperity.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! What part of town are you going to be in? What are your plans for the tank, coral wise?

The group is most definitely worth the $10 per year. If you use the group equipment once, you get your moneys worth. Not to mention all the knowledge in the room at the live meetings (plus the coral auctions are really fun, and you can usually end up getting pretty good deals on coral there).

OP
OP
R

rjw1989

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phoenix, closest to LFS The ocean Floor. I DK what that’s considered ”central Phoenix”?
For softies I want to have a little Zoa Garden on a rock to the side. I also always liked Recordia but they seem much more expensive these days than they used to be. On that note, everything seems more expensive and with smaller and smaller Frags since the last time I was in. I mean I realize corals are expensive but it feels like for the same price these days I’d be getting a jellybean bags worth or corals. This is just me looking at all the different online retailers though and I’m hoping it will be different in the LFS.
I’m not so concerned with filling my tank with an overall theme right now though. Im happy with just adding a few frags and seeing where it takes me. If the softies are going well enough I want to also try some chalices and perhaps a Favia or 2.
For livestock, other than a token Guppy and CUC, I want to have a clutch of Sexy shrimp. I want to keep it simple but no plan ever survives first contact.

Last edited:

jay06705

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

344219,xcitefun-welcome-1.jpg

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phoenix, closest to LFS The ocean Floor. I DK what that’s considered ”central Phoenix”?
For softies I want to have a little Zoa Garden on a rock to the side. I also always liked Recordia but they seem much more expensive these days than they used to be. On that note, everything seems more expensive and with smaller and smaller Frags since the last time I was in. I mean I realize corals are expensive but it feels like for the same price these days I’d be getting a jellybean bags worth or corals. This is just me looking at all the different online retailers though and I’m hoping it will be different in the LFS.
I’m not so concerned with filling my tank with an overall theme right now though. Im happy with just adding a few frags and seeing where it takes me. If the softies are going well enough I want to also try some chalices and perhaps a Favia or 2.
For livestock, other than a token Guppy and CUC, I want to have a clutch of Sexy shrimp. I want to keep it simple but no plan ever survives first contact.
That sounds like a solid plan. We’re out in Mesa - once your tank is cycled, I’d be happy to give you a frag to get your tank started/welcome you back to Arizona.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back