Howdy from a farm in Texas

3273C7B6-99A5-4BB1-A40B-C32143F7DAC3.jpeg
 
Howdy y'all! :D

First time reefer here. Figured I'd give it a go because my life wasn't chaotic enough living on a farm and become a first time mom back in October. I grew up/have been around freshwater tanks my whole life, and I decided to bite the bullet and just jump all in on a saltwater tank last week randomly. I'm a certified aow and nitrox diver with naui, so I figured I'd bring some the ocean home ha-ha. It's been so far quite the journey to read up on all things saltwater, looking at different corals/fish, and just learning all that I can.

When I'm not lurking this forum, you can find me outside usually tending towards my growing collections of animals on the farm. I currently raise heritage Berkshire pigs, heritage turkeys, chickens, and ducks for consumption. I have two Texas longhorns steers that I purchased for my birthday in 2022, five rescued horses (mostly seniors), a donkey, five dogs (2 gsd, 1 anatolian, and 2 mutts who were dumped at our gate), a goose, and a panther chameleon.

For a living I breed ball pythons, and am known in that industry for importing uncommon genes and working them into projects. I have roughly around 180 snakes in my collection, and about 600 - 700 rodents (I breed them). So, there's that :zany-face:

Anyways, looking forward to lurking some more and maybe posting around here or there.
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Howdy y'all! :D

First time reefer here. Figured I'd give it a go because my life wasn't chaotic enough living on a farm and become a first time mom back in October. I grew up/have been around freshwater tanks my whole life, and I decided to bite the bullet and just jump all in on a saltwater tank last week randomly. I'm a certified aow and nitrox diver with naui, so I figured I'd bring some the ocean home ha-ha. It's been so far quite the journey to read up on all things saltwater, looking at different corals/fish, and just learning all that I can.

When I'm not lurking this forum, you can find me outside usually tending towards my growing collections of animals on the farm. I currently raise heritage Berkshire pigs, heritage turkeys, chickens, and ducks for consumption. I have two Texas longhorns steers that I purchased for my birthday in 2022, five rescued horses (mostly seniors), a donkey, five dogs (2 gsd, 1 anatolian, and 2 mutts who were dumped at our gate), a goose, and a panther chameleon.

For a living I breed ball pythons, and am known in that industry for importing uncommon genes and working them into projects. I have roughly around 180 snakes in my collection, and about 600 - 700 rodents (I breed them). So, there's that :zany-face:

Anyways, looking forward to lurking some more and maybe posting around here or there.
Welcome fellow Texan!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new