Howdy from Texas

retareefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
17
Location
Luling, Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, small time new reefer from Texas here. I started with a 2.5g Coral tank which got me hooked and now I'm in an 11.5G with 2 Mocha Clowns, emerald crabs, serpent and brittle star and some snails. As far as corals I've got a big Duncan colony, some GSP, Xenia, Toadstool Leather and Hellfire Torch and I think I'm finally pretty dialed in on my care and everything is looking great. I'm really getting the itch for a bigger tank now, and my wife supports it but man the idea of dropping all that money is intimidating haha. I think for right now I'll just continue filling out my nano while I learn more about how best to proceed with a large tank.

Glad to meet you all.

reef.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Hi there, small time new reefer from Texas here. I started with a 2.5g Coral tank which got me hooked and now I'm in an 11.5G with 2 Mocha Clowns, emerald crabs, serpent and brittle star and some snails. As far as corals I've got a big Duncan colony, some GSP, Xenia, Toadstool Leather and Hellfire Torch and I think I'm finally pretty dialed in on my care and everything is looking great. I'm really getting the itch for a bigger tank now, and my wife supports it but man the idea of dropping all that money is intimidating haha. I think for right now I'll just continue filling out my nano while I learn more about how best to proceed with a large tank.

Glad to meet you all.

reef.jpg
Welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new