Howdy, new to the forum

Hello & Welcome Bobby!
IMG_1906.jpeg
 
Howdy all,
My name is Bobby from Texas. I have been in the hobby for about a year and I am hooked. I currently own a mixed reef Planet Aquarium AIO 47g and a Planet Aquarium 167g that is on order and will be installed soon. I love this hobby. My wife jokes that she can pretty much guarantee that when she walks into the living room I am watching and enjoying the tank.

Current setup on my 47g AIO
Sicce return pump
x2 100w BRS titanium heaters with INKBIRD controller
x2 AI Hydra 16
Red Sea reef wave 25
Icecap hang-on skimmer
Carib sea sand and life rock
x2 media baskets from Kreative Reefer (filter floss up top, with 3 chambers or layers with bag of carbon, bag of zeolite, foam, purigen filter and bag of media at the bottom for bacteria)
Additional bag of ceramic media in the sump chamber
I will soon be converting one chamber to a refugium with chaeto from Algae Barn with a Tunze refugium light.

Livestock consists of the following fish and corals:
Sailfish Tang (he is too big for this tank and will be moving to the new tank once it is cycled)
Fox face rabbit fish (moving to the new tank as well)
6 line wrasse
Chromis
Exquisites
Engineer goby
X2 snowflake clownfish
Hawkfish
Yellow wrasse
Urchins
X2 starfish
Snails and hermits
Montiporas, acropora, mushrooms, candy canes, blastomusa, micromusa, goniopora, Zoas, palys, brain, hammers, polyps, Acan’s, bowebanki, gsp, Duncan, chalice

My 167g that will be coming soon will have the following equipment
72x18x29 planet aquarium tank with stand
x3 AI 68hd blades
x2 Red Sea 45. Power heads
Reef octopus skimmer
Since 7.0 DC return pump
x2 300w BRS titanium heaters with INKBIRD controller
40 gallon trigger titanium sump with 10g reservoir
AI refugium blade
Tunze ato
Live rock from LFS with CaribSea sand

I hope I haven’t rambled to much but I am really excited about this hobby and wanted to share my setup.

I am looking forward to learning more through the forums!
Thanks for taking the time to read my post and happy reefing.
Bobby

IMG_6710.jpeg IMG_6730.jpeg IMG_6729.jpeg IMG_6733.jpeg IMG_6734.jpeg
Gorgeous setup!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new