How's it hanging? Your pendant lights with cables?

Pedal Dangit

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2018
Messages
299
Reaction score
292
Location
Temecula CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to hang some Ai hydra 32 lights w shades on a rail with some Amazon cable kit and it looks like trash. Functional, but the excess cable hanging out and the side cables with intermediate adjuster. It needs to be cleaner. Maybe a single cable down to the center of rail and keep it level with the cord management? How did you hang your rail with cables ? Trying to avoid spending more $$$ on a rail and hanging kit, it's ridiculous how over priced they sell the mounting hardware. But that's reefing I guess
20260719_092603.jpg

20260719_091525.jpg
20260718_173349.jpg
20260719_094343.jpg
 
I always cut the excess cable once I have the lights close to where I want them. No reason to keep all that excess hanging down.
 
I guess what I should have asked is if you need the extra narrow span cable. My answer is no. I think two single cables will be fine. I found that I can balance out any twist with the cords as they attach to the wall. I will be adding a 3rd light and getting a ling rail on version 3.0
20260720_122903.jpg
20260720_122612.jpg
 
One more final. Maybe I should move this to the top in case anyone is searching and reads this. This is ai hydra 32s with shades from smada reef, the ai hms brackets and rail. I tucked the hanging cables in the rail and used some small wire wrap to cover them.

20260819_084715.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new