HPlease help. What size UV for Redsea reefer g2

mxzx8004

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone had good experience sizing a UV skimmer for a redsea reefer G2. It will be used for bacteria control and I do not want it oversized for a future bigger sized tank. I have been told 15, 19, 25 watt now.

Regards

Tangs-A-Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several sizes in the G2 series. What is yours ? And, when you go bigger you don’t want it “oversized” … Do you mean undersized ?

OP
OP
M

mxzx8004

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several sizes in the G2 series. What is yours ? And, when you go bigger you don’t want it “oversized” … Do you mean undersized ?
my bad, 350! I just want it sized right for this tank. Some people have suggested "get it a bit bigger and slow the flow so you can use it for a larger tank when you upgrade" but I believe I will keep this tank regardless, so just wanted it sized right for this tank

Tangs-A-Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now I get it, was a little confused on the wording, because I assumed you would want to go bigger later on. You say no, I say let’s bet on it.

I will link an article on the UV sterilizer I bought. Disclaimer: it is big and my aquarium serviceman hadn’t ever worked with one of them yet (10 years in the industry), however we got it installed from scratch in 1 hour. It had to be installed diagonally over the sump, held up on 2 brackets and zip tied to stay up. When needing to change bulbs the zip ties can be cut and are cheap to reattach after.

It is the Tropic Marine Centre Vecton Titan 550. Maybe it is not as popular here because it is a UK based company. BTW: I also have the Red Sea Reefer 350 g2.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 24

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back