• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

huge la laker zoa colony for sale

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanting to see if anyone is interested in my laker colony. Been growing it out for quite a while after starting from seven polyps. I can't really get a good count on how many there are but I know it's over easily over 200. They are growing on the back of the rock that I can see and down the back where I can't see. I've tried counting a couple times but lose track. If you're interested just shoot me a pm. Thanks for looking

I will get a picture from the top down and see if I can get an angle shot but those pictures never turn out as good quality wise.
APC_0074-hdr.JPG

OP
OP
alexiowa

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One site sells them two polyps for $40 and another has twenty polyps for $90. $600 shipped I guess. I will be cutting the top of the rock as there is another 12" of rock under the zoas and shipping would be horrendous if the whole rock was included.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s a bit much imo should be about 400 because if you made 2p frags and sold them for 40 you would have a 100 frags and worth 400

OP
OP
alexiowa

alexiowa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a bit much imo should be about 400 because if you made 2p frags and sold them for 40 you would have a 100 frags and worth 400

That's going off of the number 200 that you saw above but I wrote easily over 200. I don't have the time or inclination to count all of the polyps especially since I would have to move the rock now to do so. With the new pictures it shows that it is clearly a large colony. People charge more for fully formed colonies because it took so long to grow and makes a newer tank look established. I understand if you are not interested but your comment makes it seem like I'm overcharging and could scare people off from the whole idea of purchasing. I also only put $600 because that's what a fellow reefer told me to write after I was informed I had to put a price on it. I wanted and will still take offers. Just trying to pass along an amazing zoa colony.

top down shot showing them coming down the back
APC_0304.JPG

angled shot so shooting through the glass makes it blurry but this shows the formation more from the front
APC_0306.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back