HUGE mistake on my new tank

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay everyone I made a huge mistake somehow I managed to mix up a bottle of prazipro and my bottle of fritz turbo start in my aquarium I just finished filling the tank with water and my dumb self poured a whole bottle of Prazipro in the tank. im kicking myself so hard for it. How bad is this mistake what should I do? my forehead is red from how many times ive slapped it

A5609B3A-CDC7-4F5B-8ED0-0435786C993F.jpeg

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably drain the tank, wipe what I could with a bleach mixture and let it completely dry before refilling. A whole bottle sounds like a lot in a small tank.
PS: be easy on your forehead. We all make mistakes!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Start over- Drain tank and refill, run carbon and test after 48 hours to confirm youre back on track

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably drain the tank, wipe what I could with a bleach mixture and let completely dry before refilling. A whole bottle sounds like a lot in a small tank.
PS: be easy on your forehead. We all make mistakes

the tank with the sump is about 80 gallons looking at it now and talking about the dose the bottle I poured in is 29ml's the dose for my size tank would be 20 mls...... im not feeling as bad about it now but should I still empty out the whole 90 gallons for over dosing by that amount?

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank with the sump is about 80 gallons looking at it now and talking about the dose the bottle I poured in is 29ml's the dose for my size tank would be 20 mls...... im not feeling as bad about it now but should I still empty out the whole 90 gallons for over dosing by that amount?
9ml is not going to hurt anything. By the time you're ready to add livestock, it won't make any difference... I'd just leave it be.

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The praziquantel should be gone in 5-7 days on its own and even quicker if you run carbon. I would just give it time and save yourself the trouble and expense of making and changing 90 gallons.

Humble_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay everyone I made a huge mistake somehow I managed to mix up a bottle of prazipro and my bottle of fritz turbo start in my aquarium I just finished filling the tank with water and my dumb self poured a whole bottle of Prazipro in the tank. im kicking myself so hard for it. How bad is this mistake what should I do? my forehead is red from how many times ive slapped it

A5609B3A-CDC7-4F5B-8ED0-0435786C993F.jpeg
No harm no foul. You lost a couple dollars on a bottle of prazi and some time to clean it. No coral or fish casualties! Consider this a vert important learning experience... This hobby is full of them

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The praziquantel should be gone in 5-7 days on its own and even quicker if you run carbon. I would just give it time and save yourself the trouble and expense of making and changing 90 gallons.
9ml is not going to hurt anything. By the time you're ready to add livestock, it won't make any difference... I'd just leave it be.

Thanks guys I was freaking out but I just needed to collect myself and look at it logically thank you very much

OP
OP
f.christian

f.christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No harm no foul. You lost a couple dollars on a bottle of prazi and some time to clean it. No coral or fish casualties! Consider this a vert important learning experience... This hobby is full of them

Yeah lol make sure im adding the right thing. My forehead will remember this moment next time lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
At least half and utilize carbon

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

In less terms the tank is fine it’s no worse then when my nephews urinated in mind behind my back. That’s a long story. But I would run some carbon probably enough for twice the size of your tank volume.

On a serious note, the tank can be replaced. However you hitting yourself in the head, slapping, any kind of repeated impact, will do permanent damage. Losing parts of your brain or motor functions (etc yes I am keeping it short because this post would be an hour long to read), just is not worth it. It’s fine to be upset but throw a donut or take a walk. Your going to make mistakes and some will be no big deal, others will be worse than this one. But destroy a donut or piece of paper, take some Xmas wrapping paper (full roll), and snack a tree with it, won’t hurt the tree trunk. Just stop hurting yourself.

Back