Huge outbreak of unknown algae

I can’t siphon it because it’s on the rocks and none on sand
Yeah like everyone above is saying I would just let it run its course it’s not gonna be there forever.
 
Yeah like everyone above is saying I would just let it run its course it’s not gonna be there forever.
I just tested my phosphates and they’re at 0.27 is that way too high?
 
Would lowering phosphates make it go away?
Yes but slowly. Reducing reef rid or similar feedings, daily water changes of 2 gallons for 2 weeks and even adding a pouch of chemipure blue or elite will help lower. I gave you a recipe to follow that is effective
 
Yes but slowly. Reducing reef rid or similar feedings, daily water changes of 2 gallons for 2 weeks and even adding a pouch of chemipure blue or elite will help lower. I gave you a recipe to follow that is effective
Thank you for your help while I’m figuring this out.
 
It's normal, your tank looks very new. We call it the "uglies."
Agree^^^

Put a clean rock in any aquarium and you will get what you got. It can’t be avoided. It’s just the way nature works.
 
Agree^^^

Put a clean rock in any aquarium and you will get what you got. It can’t be avoided. It’s just the way nature works.
In your experience with this did it last long?
 
Update:

The Cyano looks almost completely gone after adding bacteria, hydrogen peroxide, many snails, and many hermit crabs. The only thing left is an ample amount of hair algae. Hopefully this doesn’t stay forever
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 56
Update:

The Cyano looks almost completely gone after adding bacteria, hydrogen peroxide, many snails, and many hermit crabs. The only thing left is an ample amount of hair algae. Hopefully this doesn’t stay forever
Looks way better!
 
After fighting GHA and cyano, dinos took over. To manage the high phosphates I removed two big fish and left my 36 gallon with two clowns and a diamond sand goby. This dropped phosphates and nitrates to zero causing an outbreak of dinos. What do I do?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new