Hulley's RSR 350 v3. W/Clarisea Filter Roller.

jonnyeatworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the unit on a stand?
I didn’t have any issues but I filled up the tank from the sump, so maybe just add some more water? Let me look in a bit and see where I have the float positioned.

yeah i copied you and used the same stand. i have the little door opened up a little more to allow more flow through the filter. so we will see how that works

brandon0921

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the information you shared on your build and used many of your ideas to build my own Reefer, so thank you for Posting your build and taking us along for the journey!

I was wondering if you could share more about how you plumbed the return line and perhaps share a picture or where it connects to the overflow. If I’m understanding you correctly, you used the 3/4” threaded adapter from BRS to make the connection at the top into the locking ring? I didn’t think this would fit since the Red Sea plumbing is all metric, (amazing if it does).
Also, curious to see if you have any build updates for us :)

OP
OP
Hulley

Hulley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the information you shared on your build and used many of your ideas to build my own Reefer, so thank you for Posting your build and taking us along for the journey!

I was wondering if you could share more about how you plumbed the return line and perhaps share a picture or where it connects to the overflow. If I’m understanding you correctly, you used the 3/4” threaded adapter from BRS to make the connection at the top into the locking ring? I didn’t think this would fit since the Red Sea plumbing is all metric, (amazing if it does).
Also, curious to see if you have any build updates for us :)

Hi Brandon,

I apologize for not being very clear. In post #3 (page 1) there is a pic of the Red Sea adapter I used to hard plumb the lines, you will need to unscrew the hose barb fitting, you can then screw in the 3/4" BRS adapter that is listed in post #78 (page 4) and then I glued the orange pipe directly to it.
Adaptor-1.jpg
Adaptor-2.jpg
Adaptor-3.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the 3/4" BRS adapter but the link is in post #78.

I had taken the tank down a few months ago, my wife and I are getting ready to move. I still have the tank so I'll try and get a pic of the finished product this afternoon.

Thanks,

brandon0921

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brandon,

I apologize for not being very clear. In post #3 (page 1) there is a pic of the Red Sea adapter I used to hard plumb the lines, you will need to unscrew the hose barb fitting, you can then screw in the 3/4" BRS adapter that is listed in post #78 (page 4) and then I glued the orange pipe directly to it.
Adaptor-1.jpg
Adaptor-2.jpg
Adaptor-3.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the 3/4" BRS adapter but the link is in post #78.

I had taken the tank down a few months ago, my wife and I are getting ready to move. I still have the tank so I'll try and get a pic of the finished product this afternoon.

Thanks,
Thank you! I actually used the same Red Sea adapter for the drain and emergency, slipped the 1" pipe over it. Looks like ill just need to thread the adapter into that and run 3/4" down from there. Thanks again, good luck with the move and happy reefing!

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how the filter roller working for you?

does it go 6 weeks before you have change it

brandon0921

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I haven't actually put it in the sump yet, I plan on doing so this weekend. I'm going to mount it up as high as possible so only the slotted tube is submerged, I hear this is the method to getting the most efficiency out of the rolls. How long were you getting on the new XL rolls? Any issues with the motor binding up while using them? Still feel its a worthy investment?

OP
OP
Hulley

Hulley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The filter roller is freaking awesome! I honestly thinks it’s one of the best inventions for a reef tank. I do get about 6 weeks from a roll but that’ll depend on how much you feed, stocking levels etc. easy to change too.

Last edited:

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The filter roller is freaking awesome! I honestly thinks it’s one of the best inventions for a reef tank. I do get about 6 weeks from a roll but that’ll depend on how much you feed, stocking levels etc. easy to change too.
Hi! I am debating buying a 350v3, how is the stand holding up for you? I am concerned about it being made of MDF

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back