Huntsville's First Frag Swap

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey NARC, I have decided to setup Huntsville's first frag swap. It will be August 28th 2010 in Huntsville at Locust Grove Baptist Church. There will be a vendors entry fee of 5.00 this will cover the tables you need. It is free for people wishing to buy from our vendors. I will need to know how many tables you need and please RSVP with me as soon as you know you can attend (Vendors only) I will supply water if needed but I will only have 300 Gallons available so please let me know how much you will need.

I will be talking to the local youth group to see if we can have them working the Kitchen for us.

I will update with the vendors next week.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am game for this.We have alot of folks around here and Huntsville is well known and a good central location for alot of people from a wide area.Fins & Frags will offer two $50 dollar frag packs for raffle.
One being SPS and the other zoa's ect.
Thanks,Jason&Tammy

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chattanooga frag swap is usually in mid August. I don't know if they set their date yet, but they are begging to get their plan together.
Having enough electrical outlets is very important since many people bring their tanks with light fixtures and powerheads.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe ours is on the 14th this year. :)

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK that was my fault.I was not aware of when Chattanoga's was then.I still Huntsville is a great area for a swap.Maybe mid summer like July?Just food for thought.
Jason

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the dates and locations for all Frag Swaps in the Tennessee Valley? I would love to plan this but I am not going to step on anyone's toes in doing it...

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an old thread for swaps in the area.
I recall that Montgomery Reef Club changed their schedule to sometime in the fall. BARF did not have theirs this year.
BARF's first attempt last year was good, but the turnout was quite low. In addition to posting announcements in various forums in R2R and RC, if you can get some flyers out early to various LFS's and possibly get a small write-up published in a local newspaper like MTRC did a number of years ago, we may get a much higher turnout.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Memphis swap is Sept. 25. That's the only other one I know about.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this fall will be a good time unless Montgomery post a date soon.I think Huntsville is a good location for a swap,it is located very convient to Alabama,Mississippi,Georgia,Tenn.
Just my thoughts.
Jason

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have talked to Will and I think Oct 15th is the date...... I need to get a flyer built and then see if I can get it in Reef Hobiest Magazine.....

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it has been a couple of weeks.... I went and toured the location for the Swap and I think it will work fine.

I need some help because one of you have a graphic arts kind of mind I am sure. I need someone to make a flier so I can get it into Reef Hobbyist Magazine. I will be paying for the full page advertisement so hopefully it will work for us.

Free frag for the person who sends me one that I think is good, but I think we should post it here and let NARC be the judge.......

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back