Hurricane Francine a comin!

Badblackdog

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2024
Messages
124
Reaction score
135
Location
New Orleans
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a brand new dual fuel generator. This should be enough to run my tank, my refrigerator and a couple of window units. I also have several battery backups just for the aquarium. I live west of New Orleans and expect to loose power for hours or days. I am going to make some RODI and saltwater just in case I need it. Any tips you guys might have to help me get through this successfully would be appreciated.
IMG_6558.jpeg
 
Hi from Central Florida.

Dealing with hurricanes over the years, I always make sure to have several frozen water bottles in the freezer. I’ve run into issues with the tank getting too hot when we’ve lost power before, and throwing a frozen water bottle in has helped to stop things from getting out of hand.
 
Thanks, I am going to put some bottles in the freezer now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new