Hurricane Irma Comeback time!!

I'm not sure I would say i learned a lesson. We have a whole home generator that failed after the 6th day with no power. Power wasn't restored for another 5 days. We left the area due to having a newborn. Only so much a guy can do.
That sucks. Just when you think you have things covered..
Sounds like the lesson is to have a back up for the backup. Hard to plan for everything though, especially if you have to evacuate. Even with everything needed, after ian, I paniced and made bad decisions in the moment. Irma was different, I was totally unprepared for 3 weeks of no electricity. Most everything was dead within days, anemones floating around in stagnant water by day 2.. you're not wrong, you can only do so much. Learn but don't beat yourself up
 
IMG_5340.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R and back to the salty world. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
background.png
 
Welcome to R2R !!! Use your own experience to build your new reef. I have a friend that also lost his tank in a hurricane last year and now he's preparing in advance to have his new tank survive for at least a week. Happy Reefing..

MR BEAN 2.jpg
 
Hey everyone! I lost my system back in 2017 to hurricane irma. At the time, I had a 300g mixed reef system that I had spent years putting together. After the storm, I realized I had lost everything and lost all interest in the hobby. I had never felt so defeated in my life.. I have spent the last 8 years building a family and an now in the beginning stages of re-entering the aquarium hobby!! I have not made any decisions on tank size or type yet. This is day 1. I'm looking forward to re learning the old and looking forward to learning what's new!
WElcome (Back) to the hobby and furums!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new