Husker 40 Breeder SPS tank

So I traded my T5/LED combo light for a calcium reactor for the upgrade setup. Because this tank is still running while we finish the stand, I had to light it with the LED light for my display refugium. Doing the T5 --> LED switch really makes you appreciate how awesome ATI T5s are. Everything looks kinda blah to my eyes under the LED.
 
Apparently I'm doing everything I can to kill off my SPS before moving everything over to the new tank.

I didn't want to fry the corals with the LED, so I started off maxing them out at about 30% on all the Blue channels and 15% on all the white channels. 2 days later my dKH jumped from 8.0 to 9.9. A couple frags that were still recovering from the previous alk drop are now completely dead and bone white. I turned off my doser and washed all the kalk out of the ATO. After 2 days, dKH hasn't dropped at all and several frags have pretty bad burnt tips.

Hopefully the new setup is ready to go soon, because this one is going out tumbling.
 
What livestock did you end up going with? I'm building a sps grow out frag tank and want to keep nutrients low.
20220626_171509.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new