HVAC people help me out

  • Thread starter Thread starter Triggreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
4,955
Reaction score
2,796
Location
East Hampton, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hallmark forced air furnace, beckett oil burner. Digital thermostat.

Stopped working out of nowhere. Full oil tank. No lights on burner. No lock out. While in the area I hear burner turn on for no apparent reason since temp was about 8 degrees under the hold temp already. Ran for maybe 45 seconds and stopped. Fan never turned on. Burner /duct area was hot. So my thought is fan not turning on causes burner to turn off. Still no lights on burner.

I put fan onto manual mode and nothing. So I figured maybe blower malfunctioned or burned out. So I start researching changing the blower motor. Seems easy... Fast forward to that night (yesterday) and it off no where house nice and cozy warm. Furnace and blower working just fine Back to normal. Witnessed several off/on cycles No issues. Blower sounds perfectly fine.

What can cause that?
 
This is one thing in my house I stay away from. Could be a bad relay - I heard those break most often. But I just pay for annual service and have them come out and deal with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new