Hybrid Achilles Vs Regular Achilles

  • Thread starter Thread starter sc50964
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2015
Messages
2,490
Reaction score
1,294
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the obvious color & pattern differences, is there anything else such as behavior (I.e., aggressiveness) & ease of care that’s different between the two?
 
As a person who has had both I did not notice any differences in behavior or ease of care. That’s just my .02 on them
I’m eyeing a 7” hybrid at a LFS. He appears to be lighter in the black body color than a normal Achilles. Is this normal?

IMG_1156.jpeg
 
It’s most likely just stressed. It looks healthy to me and will probably darken up when it settles in.
 
It’s most likely just stressed. It looks healthy to me and will probably darken up when it settles in.
It’s a tough decision cuz they price the fish at $50 difference. I love the teardrop orange mark and the stark contrast to the black but the yellow highlight & the orange/reddish tail of the hybrid is not far behind… plus it’s rare. How did you decide when you were making the choice?
 
The decision came down to the fact that I have had Achilles in the past but never had a hybrid. I have since gone back to having an Achilles simply because they are my favorite fish. I love both but for me I just prefer the original to the hybrid.

Get the one you want, nobody else’s opinion should matter in your tank.
 
I’m eyeing a 7” hybrid at a LFS. He appears to be lighter in the black body color than a normal Achilles. Is this normal?

IMG_1156.jpeg
They are much more behavioural in which they go through pale grey colours to a deep black colour (sometimes blacker than the achilles).

They’re also more peaceful IME as they seem to have more of the nigricans behaviour. Ease of care these also seem slightly less prone to ich than others are.
 
They are much more behavioural in which they go through pale grey colours to a deep black colour (sometimes blacker than the achilles).

They’re also more peaceful IME as they seem to have more of the nigricans behaviour. Ease of care these also seem slightly less prone to ich than others are.
Made the decision. Pretty happy so far. Going through QT.

IMG_9760.jpeg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new