Hydor Slim Skim Nano Issue

kukawskim80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month ago, I purchased the hydro slim skim nano based off all the great reviews. Reviews saying it was super quiet and good performance. This has been far from my experience. The skimmer is super loud and noisy. I can hear the humming sound across the house. Also the skimmer still is not producing any waste in the collection cup. I have read the manual countless times and have made every adjustment possible per the manual and given it the appropriate amount of time to make the necessary adjustment. Still have this loud noise and no waste in the cup. I have tried multiple times to reach out to hydor through their website, but every time I submit the message/email the website gives me an error. Does anyone have any experience with this skimmer who can help or get me in contact with hydor.

bob salzlein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month ago, I purchased the hydro slim skim nano based off all the great reviews. Reviews saying it was super quiet and good performance. This has been far from my experience. The skimmer is super loud and noisy. I can hear the humming sound across the house. Also the skimmer still is not producing any waste in the collection cup. I have read the manual countless times and have made every adjustment possible per the manual and given it the appropriate amount of time to make the necessary adjustment. Still have this loud noise and no waste in the cup. I have tried multiple times to reach out to hydor through their website, but every time I submit the message/email the website gives me an error. Does anyone have any experience with this skimmer who can help or get me in contact with hydor.
Contact customer service at 916-920-5222 or [email protected]

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 77 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back