Hydra 26 brightness issue

Jon Poplin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone my OCD is really bothering me with this one. I have a red sea 425xl with 2 hydra 26hd over it. Problem is that one of my lights puts out much more white than the other and it just looks very unbalanced. Is there anything I could do to maybe reset or tweak. Is this a common issue or am i just looking too much into it.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go in the program that you have downloaded (MY AI) it's a app for your phone.
In that case you can see the schedule of both and if it is a default contact AI (Ecotech Marine).
IMO it's a easy fix on the programming.

OP
OP
J

Jon Poplin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it set in the app as a parent and child on my network. I've heard one solution was to have them both set as a parent and control them separately to minimize the difference in white.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a solution

Sanya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I have same problem with my Hydras 26, I bought 2 and later bought 1 more and it has different coloration than the other two, more white at day and more purple at night. Im very upset about it.

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the ai hydra 26 HDs with a reefer 350 and am having the same issue on the child with the deep red led. One is noticeably brighter, makes half my tank look pink at night. Has anyone gotten this resolved somehow. I reached out to AI but have yet to hear back.

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @raccioppi83 , for the most part it is not noticeable, but at night I have a really nice sunset/dusk config that the red makes look quite awesome, just sucks that half the tank looks hot pink and the other looks great. Hopefully this can be tweaked, if not i'll have to learn to live with it. =(

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Considering I just purchased these, they are sending me a replacement so I can sync and pair correctly with one of mine and send back the odd ball. Prompt response and quick service. It is a little bit of a snafu but totally worth it to get the lights to be in sync. =)

raccioppi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ernie Crucet Ahhh I see, well they have wonderful customer service.. SO it shouldn't be a problem if you really wanted that to happen!

PS: You can't compensate by having more red on one and less on the other to maybe balance it out?

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way these Ai Hydras work is that you program the parent fixture and the child fixture is supposed to replicate, but hopefully it will all be resolved once i get the replacement fixture. I always went for the less expensive lighting options thinking it would achieve the same results but i have been converted with these lights. lol

James Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue - got 2 26's with a red sea reefer 350. At dusk and dawn it looks like the right side (parent) is way brighter than the left side (child). Also, this is a new tank with live rock from tampa bay saltwater, about 1 week in I am seeing a difference in the growth rate of the algae, etc between the sides. Was going to add a third light (I keep hearing I will need 3), but thinking of giving these to my daughter and getting myself some kessils instead.
I really like the AI lights and their connectivity, I wish there was a way to fix this.

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue - got 2 26's with a red sea reefer 350. At dusk and dawn it looks like the right side (parent) is way brighter than the left side (child). Also, this is a new tank with live rock from tampa bay saltwater, about 1 week in I am seeing a difference in the growth rate of the algae, etc between the sides. Was going to add a third light (I keep hearing I will need 3), but thinking of giving these to my daughter and getting myself some kessils instead.
I really like the AI lights and their connectivity, I wish there was a way to fix this.
I contacted AquaIlluminations and they sent me a replacement so that i could match it up to one of them and just returned the one not syncing. As long as you can provide proof of purchase and it is within the warranty, they were pretty helpful. I got it all resolved in a few days.

James Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, just contacted them and they said they are doing that. Excellent customer service!

Back