Hydra 26 HD No Power

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a Hydra 26HD off here a couple weeks ago. It worked fine at first. Today I noticed that the pucks weren't on. I removed it from my tank to troubleshoot. When the device is unplugged and the power supply is plugged in the power supply light is green. When I plug in the device, the power supply light goes out. No lights illuminate on the device. When I unplug the device, the power supply light comes back on.

The power supply measures 36.8v on my meter so its putting out the proper voltage.

When I took the device apart, I noticed the negative wire was skinned (see pic). Considering its the negative I don't think this is the issue. I assume this was done upon assembly so its been fine thus far with this issue.

What do you guys think? Power supply is good and the first pcb needs replaced? Is there any other test I can run? This sucks as I just dropped $250 on this thing and its already bad.

As an aside, this light as well as my Hydra 52 HD spark when plugging in the device if the power supply is already powered. Surely this could have been engineered to not do so.

Please help! I contacted AI support and I am pretty sure they will just say send it in which in this case, I may as well buy another.

My array consists of this 26HD flanked by 2x hydra 52hds. I just got 3 new SPS today to go under the 26. I am not happy!

20200820_195034.jpg

OP
OP
Mikeltee

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AI support is AMAZING! I contacted them after determining that the problem was not with the power supply and I asked them if they would help me troubleshoot and sell me parts. They immediately issued an RMA. They were fully aware that I was the new owner of a used product which I bought from here. I was concerned about what the charge would be but I told myself that if it was more than I could a used one for I would just eat it. Today they sent me a bill and tracking number. $250 for the service and $50 for the driver, but they ZEROED IT OUT! Thats right... free of charge and they even shipped 2 day air for no charge. I am amazed by the level of support they have shown. Its going to be AI from here on out! Thank you AI if you read this!

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI support is AMAZING! I contacted them after determining that the problem was not with the power supply and I asked them if they would help me troubleshoot and sell me parts. They immediately issued an RMA. They were fully aware that I was the new owner of a used product which I bought from here. I was concerned about what the charge would be but I told myself that if it was more than I could a used one for I would just eat it. Today they sent me a bill and tracking number. $250 for the service and $50 for the driver, but they ZEROED IT OUT! Thats right... free of charge and they even shipped 2 day air for no charge. I am amazed by the level of support they have shown. Its going to be AI from here on out! Thank you AI if you read this!

Awesome!

fishmandan6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! What was it in the end?? The green light only shows when unplugged on the power source, and when I plug it in it sparks and the green light turns off

fishmandan6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS!!! Power source light is only on when it's unplugged from the hydra 26 and it sparks when plugged in!!!! WHAT WAS THE END PROBLEM???!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back