Hydra 26 HD vs Hydra 26 original

DrumsIguanasAndNowReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am mostly concerned about growth and coral health but am interested in hearing people's experiences with both lights. I will be placing three over a 120 gallon mixed reef along with two t5 bulbs. It's a 4' by 2' by 2' tank. Thanks in advance!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can push the originals without the AI Director and they killed the Director.

If you go with the HD's, here's some profiles that you can download.

http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/

:)

OP
OP
D

DrumsIguanasAndNowReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can push the originals without the AI Director and they killed the Director.

If you go with the HD's, here's some profiles that you can download.

http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/

Thank you sir, when you say push do you mean go above 100%? I have some primes currently so I am familiar with the app and features of the hd fixtures.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir, when you say push do you mean go above 100%? I have some primes currently so I am familiar with the app and features of the hd fixtures.
I mean, I don't think you can "run" the old AI's without the AI Director.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the HD's and they are a great light. I only run the HD's with no supplement at 62k. I ran them higher and that was too much for the corals and I started burning up the tips of my corals.

The nice thing about the light is they are wifi and one can up load settings and make adjustments. There also some nice setting like lunar mode so that one can see the tank at night time. Setup can be a little frustrating but tech support is great.

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have the Gen 1 Hyda 26's. If you plan on doing any photography of your tank, GET THE HDs!! Some of the Gen 1's (including mine) can produce nasty banding issues in your images. Also the controller that they come with is kind of a PITA to use -- it's a little buggy and the touch controls are awkward. All that said, they're still fantastic lights especially if you can get a good deal on used ones.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back