Hydra 26HD - No indicator Lights on, is it dead?

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 x Hydra 26HD and one just quit! No indicator lights of any colour at the back at all. I still went through the reset function, plugged it in, out, etc. and its not the power, as I switched the cord. Light is probably dead? Any opinions?
Thanks.
The lights are seven years old

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 x Hydra 26HD and one just quit! No indicator lights of any colour at the back at all. I still went through the reset function, plugged it in, out, etc. and its not the power, as I switched the cord. Light is probably dead? Any opinions?
Thanks.
@_AV

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s anything like the radions. Mine did this a few times. RAPID(several times per second) power cycling on the dc side of the transformer kicked them back on 4 times so far in a year.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.
Assuming it didn't get water damaged, and you've already tried swapping power supplies, the issue is likely with the main board. The short on the main power circuit is a fairly common problem with this light.

Here's one of my repair videos which could be relevant:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back