Hydra 32HD 45gl

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Just wondering if anyone else is running the Hydra 32HD on a 45 gallon or if anyone can tell me if it’s a strong enough light for it? Lighting is one of my biggest weaknesses and I just want to make sure my coral and RBTA are getting enough light! I attached a pic of what my current light settings are. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CDF0EBBD-CF05-4768-BFDD-02B2CD3B53F5.png

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the older gen Hydra 26HD in my mixed reef and I vouch for them. You can grow some corals and then some with these lights. They won't disappoint!
Just trying to get the lighting right, I bleached my torch after like 3 days somehow yet everything else that’s been in longer has been fine. And I think my purple bubble coral also bleached because it’s not nearly as dark purple as it used to be, so lighting for me is very frustrating

mthtitan

La Habana, Cuba
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to get the lighting right, I bleached my torch after like 3 days somehow yet everything else that’s been in longer has been fine. And I think my purple bubble coral also bleached because it’s not nearly as dark purple as it used to be, so lighting for me is very frustrating
I run them at around 50% and I have sps in the tank. You can definitely cause some damage if you run them too high for your tank. It really depends on your setup though

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run them at around 50% and I have sps in the tank. You can definitely cause some damage if you run them too high for your tank. It really depends on your setup though
I agree! Which is what I’m trying not to do! But I can’t ever find anyone running the same setup to copy their light settings, even on aqua illumination site!

DeepintheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
26.6 x 22 x 19
The Saxby light schedule is pretty popular and can be downloaded here. It doesn’t run the lights at full power either but you can always set the acclimation mode to ramp up to the full schedule intensity if you want to start it out lower

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Saxby light schedule is pretty popular and can be downloaded here. It doesn’t run the lights at full power either but you can always set the acclimation mode to ramp up to the full schedule intensity if you want to start it out lower
I did try that one and I believe that was the one that bleached my torch and bubble lol, but at the time I didn’t realize how to adjust the output as a whole

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back