HYDRA EDGE 44HD PAR TEST/Readings

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeReefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeReefs

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2025
Messages
552
Reaction score
529
Location
NEW YORK
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To start off there isn’t much out there for this light regarding par readings. I found videos of the 68HD but nothing regarding the 44HD. If you’re looking for SPS intensity I would recommend going with the 68HD. But if your like me and plan to just have Soft/LPS the 44HD is enough. At around 80-85% intensity you will satisfy Lps and get around 100-150 throughout the tank.

I used the newly updated Vabira Aqua Meter which is within 5% of industry standard and these were my results. For those who can’t get there hands on a par meter I hope this helps estimate your intensity. I originally had these lights on lower intensity, I over estimated the strength of these new lights. I would say the 68 is about 30% stronger than the 44s

The tank is a Marine X 110.4 which measures 47.2" L x 19.7" W x 21.7" H
Lights are mounted with hydra flex arms about 6in above waterline. Don’t mind my aqua scape my middle structure is currently being cured

IMG_8713.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Very nice! I am sure someone will be able to use this information in their build as well. Thank you for sharing your testing.
 
Upvote 0
To start off there isn’t much out there for this light regarding par readings. I found videos of the 68HD but nothing regarding the 44HD. If you’re looking for SPS intensity I would recommend going with the 68HD. But if your like me and plan to just have Soft/LPS the 44HD is enough. At around 80-85% intensity you will satisfy Lps and get around 100-150 throughout the tank.

I used the newly updated Vabira Aqua Meter which is within 5% of industry standard and these were my results. For those who can’t get there hands on a par meter I hope this helps estimate your intensity. I originally had these lights on lower intensity, I over estimated the strength of these new lights. I would say the 68 is about 30% stronger than the 44s

The tank is a Marine X 110.4 which measures 47.2" L x 19.7" W x 21.7" H
Lights are mounted with hydra flex arms about 6in above waterline. Don’t mind my aqua scape my middle structure is currently being cured

IMG_8713.jpeg
What schedule you using debating between this or neopstych 4 ograde me 2 aim prime 16hd
 
Upvote 0
What schedule you using debating between this or neopstych 4 ograde me 2 aim prime 16hd
My current schedule is the old solar blue setting from mobius but I tweeted it to my liking. Not home right now but if you want I can send it to you if you’d like
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9361.png
    IMG_9361.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9362.png
    IMG_9362.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9363.jpeg
    IMG_9363.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you use this setting be sure to measure with a par meeter. I currently only use 72% intensity now with the setting I linked above. I bumped up the whites and blues and lowered intensity. Par measures similar at 72% now. It’s the same ramp up and ramp down schedule. Corals seem very happy and I’ve been using this exact setting for many months
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new