Hydro skimmer cup sensor on Apex

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rolo1990
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Rolo1990

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
7
Location
Macomb Mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run an auto aqua skimmer adapter

https://aquacave.com/autoaqua-smart...oKnBBn0cDi3PxMidHIVBYqRJhpzFkiY0aAgcdEALw_wcB
How i utilize it on my Neptune apex is
For feeding I use the Neptune Apex. It turns on and off.

But when the cup is full, the auto aqua adapter jumps in and automatically turns off my skimmer because of the sensor

which works out great

But now I installed ozone in my tank

And the first day everything was running, smooth until the cup filled up and turned off my skimmer so my ozone continue to run

It ran without the skimmer for about two hours before I noticed it was off thank God none of my coral or fish died so I got to fix the problem.

This is my thoughts.

I’m going to use the hydros skimmer adapter

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/h...xCAldQCUoDw9dxyg5v8PRu8AD0N-bKb4aAuLPEALw_wcB
I found a Hydro pin out of the connector
1690925397163.png


So I’m going to hook up a 5v power supply on pins one and two

Then hook up the wires from one and four to the Apex break out box

What does everybody think?
 
Why not just plug your ozone into a EB832 outlet and program it to shut off if the skimmer is off?
OR get a Y cord and plug them both into the same outlet?
OR what I did was simply use a optical switch in my skimmer overflow and program the skimmer to shut off when the container is full, no gizmo needed
image.jpg
 
The ozone is plugged into the EB832 you are correct it is set too turn off when the ORP is at 375. Or whenever skimmer is off but by me using the auto aqua contraption and it bypass the EB832 when the cup is full
 
I currently run an auto aqua skimmer adapter

https://aquacave.com/autoaqua-smart...oKnBBn0cDi3PxMidHIVBYqRJhpzFkiY0aAgcdEALw_wcB
How i utilize it on my Neptune apex is
For feeding I use the Neptune Apex. It turns on and off.

But when the cup is full, the auto aqua adapter jumps in and automatically turns off my skimmer because of the sensor

which works out great

But now I installed ozone in my tank

And the first day everything was running, smooth until the cup filled up and turned off my skimmer so my ozone continue to run

It ran without the skimmer for about two hours before I noticed it was off thank God none of my coral or fish died so I got to fix the problem.

This is my thoughts.

I’m going to use the hydros skimmer adapter

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/h...xCAldQCUoDw9dxyg5v8PRu8AD0N-bKb4aAuLPEALw_wcB
I found a Hydro pin out of the connector
1690925397163.png


So I’m going to hook up a 5v power supply on pins one and two

Then hook up the wires from one and four to the Apex break out box

What does everybody think?
Just drill your lid and add a float switch.
 
i got it to work just like I thought it would
I’m happy now
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new