Hydrogen peroxide overdose-HELP

bozo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Shouldn't that test be more yellowish if ammonia is zero?

Jay
Exactly my thoughts, but I’ve always gotten 0.5 on all my previous established tanks. It’s weird.

I did add prime to the tank again.

Corals are opening up again

Will monitor closely

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any steps taken after the 4 hour mark were a waste of effort and time, but no harm.

The #1 thing you could have done differently I forgot to add was reduce your lighting intensity by -40% and sustain that a week before slowling ramping up, that's a bleach control trick for all insults reef tanks may see due to errors, it may have saved the setosa's but not sure. those are pretty sensitive to insults of any type.

there is literally nothing you can do now, nor past the 4 hour mark to help the setup. prime did not help at all, but is neutral to add.

in no way does an API test have any indication of anyone's ammonia. I can produce multiple threads right now of years old reefs running 1 ppm, unfactor anything api has to say since we don't know if it's reliable at the time of render. it's not for my multiple 1 ppm thread examples.

bozo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tank is doing well again

Thanks for all your helps guys

I have a feeling that the hydrogen peroxide lysed all the GHA cells and allowed the fluconazole to go in and do its thing.

I have zero GHA now. Even the base is all gone.

Fish and snails are grazing on whatever is left but theres nothing.

Hopefully it stays this way

Thanks again

Back