Dosing hydrogen peroxide for ich and valvet

  • Thread starter Thread starter Akka1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Akka1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I’m new to this site and would like to know how long I can dose hydrogen peroxide in my main display as I have ich and valvet? Any help will be appreciated and just so you know I have limited spay so can’t setup a qt system.
 
Hi everyone,
I’m new to this site and would like to know how long I can dose hydrogen peroxide in my main display as I have ich and valvet? Any help will be appreciated and just so you know I have limited spay so can’t setup a qt system.
That will not successfully treat ich or velvet.
 
That will not successfully treat ich or velvet.
I’ve used it myself several times instead of copper and it works well.
The difficult part is dosing a high enough dose without overdoing it as it stays active longer than expected.
If you overdose it will stress the fish out and they will be irritated or resting on bottom all the time.
To low dosing won’t be effective to kill the parasites.
I use a 6% strength
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new