Hydroid? Bad?

Is this a Hydroid? Is it a bad thig?

  • It's a hydroid. Get rid of it now.

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It's a hydroid. Don't worry about it.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a hydroid. Only worry if...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's not a hydroid. It's a... Get rid of it now.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's not a hydroid. It's a... Don't worry about it.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's not a hydroid. It's a... Only worry if...

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

Euphylliaphyle

Just your average schmo.
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2025
Messages
1,668
Reaction score
2,667
Location
Eastern NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this inside my canister filter. I think it's a Hydroid. I've heard bad things about them, but I'll put the question to R2R denizens.
Even if bad, does it make a difference that it is in the canister filter? I figure it's best there, you know, filtering. Thoughts?
1000027836.jpg
 
That looks like a bleached bubble tip anemone, or a glass anemone. Having either in the filter isn't going to help with filtration. If it is a glass anemone, you want to remove it from the system asap. They tend to spread, as Aiptasia tend to bother corals and have caused issues for many tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new