Hydroid, Spider, other?

stAlphonzo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
203
Reaction score
233
Location
Capital region, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I thought these might be some zoanthid eating spider since I have a zoanthid and it totally closed up yesterday and is looking sad now. I did read some id posts though that lead me to believe they might be Hydroid Jellyfish though so I figured I should confirm so I know what to do about it. My tank is almost 2 month old and they showed up yesterday, possibly on some snails I added.

Here is the view of its underside while on the glass.
DSC_0565_small.JPG



Here is a side view that shows it has a little center protuberance. It almost looks like a mini octopus when it swims. It's pretty cool provided it isn't going to destroy my tank ;Nailbiting

DSC_0572_small.JPG


Thoughts, advice, condolences?
 
Thanks salty, that's a relief I think. I read that there really isn't anything to do but let them die out, right?

If that's so, I guess my zoanthid's anger is just a coincidence.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new