Hydroids on Glass

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

SweetOblivion

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm fairly new to the hobby, so excuse my noobiness.

I've been going through the cycles of a normal tank, pods, diatoms, the whole nine yards.

The problematic thing however, is a large colony of snowflake like animals I've identified as hydroids on my glass.

I did a bit of research, and can't find anything specific with these little buggers, it ranges from harmless to 'The-Spawn-Of-Satan-Himself' so, I'm looking for a few opinions.

1390086598384.jpg


You can see them dotting the upper area of the tank.
 
I think that could be pods on the glass. I get the same thing should I not clean my glass regularly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
 
Hydroids. Jelly fish like animal. I had a ton when started new tank. They go away and every few months now I see 3 or 4. Harmless.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new