Hydroids?

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw two of these little guys floating around in the water column and pulled one out for a closer look. Looked like a cross between jelly fish, and starfish. I think it was dead, and I was unable to get a good picture of it. I put it on a slide and think maybe I squashed it when doing so. There’s some bands in the “legs” almost patterned like a brittle star

After doing a quick bit of short educating on hydroids, and seeing they colonize in rocks I knew they must be these weird little fuzzy things I noticed a couple weeks ago and have been keeping an eye on, guess I should probably take action? Should I cover these up with some putty?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

IMG_7973.jpeg IMG_7981.jpeg IMG_7984.jpeg IMG_7982.jpeg

OP
OP
Eldritch_blast

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a bunch of tube worms all over the place, and wondering if maybe this is a dead tube worm that made its way into the water column?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a bunch of tube worms all over the place, and wondering if maybe this is a dead tube worm that made its way into the water column?
I would guess that's the feather crown of a feather duster tube worm, but I could be wrong.

Back