Hydroids?

kanders87

Sarcasm Extraordinaire
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2016
Messages
344
Reaction score
292
Location
Midwest
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past month, I’ve been noticing more (what I think is hydroids) cropping up on my rock. Can anyone confirm?
D8C07E1E-2063-431A-8C5D-2BB0CDD97196.jpeg



Also, noticed some tiny white specks on my glass, but it was hard to get a good picture. Literally look like tiny grains of sand on the glass. No distinguishing features that I could see. Any ideas on what these are?? I clean them away with a glass scraper, but they come back within a few hours.

B7E84207-A58A-4123-98B3-6205E702E763.jpeg


Please and thank you for any help or advice!
 
They look like hydroids but hard to tell without focus. Here's a shot of what I'm pretty certain is hydroids in my tank.
20171019_120139.jpg
 
Do you see them moving around at all? They could be baby collonista snails.
 
I don’t notice them moving on the glass. They just seem to stay there until I brush them away. Once they’re in the water column, I can’t tell because of the flow.
 
Nerite eggs?
 
I’m pretty sure I don’t have any nerites in this tank. It’s my 6.6 gallon so my cuc is small ceriths, and a few Nassarius. I also have 4 sexy shrimp, and a yellow clown goby. Started with dry rock, live sand.
 
C1963DEA-B693-487E-BE72-CEC21A49C013.jpeg

This is at 100x


When I smashed them, there were little babies running around on the slide. I’ll upload a video when I get home. They look mite-ish?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new